It’s perhaps more important than ever to do effective PR with your business. Search has become overly competitive and penalizes shortcuts. Paid media costs are skyrocketing. Brand mentions count as implied links, and if you’re a disruptor with a story, a killer placement or few can mean boots through the door.
Hansa Bergwall runs Mira PR, and talks about what public relations is and how it works. He frames the discussion in terms of earned marketing and/or validation marketing – term it pays to understand. Hansa is laden with insights on what you can achieve with PR, what makes it effective, how it has evolved, and how to get involved. These are all precious insights for businesses tired of running on a marketing treadmill. Hansa points out that PR is just one tool in the toolbox, but your company’s marketing toolbox isn’t complete without it.
Daniel DiGriz, Director of Strategy at MadPipe, asks Hansa how it all works and what companies can expect out of a PR relationship. This show might be the one that changes your mind and your strategic direction for the better, by including PR in your mix of marketing initiatives.
- What is PR and earned marketing or validation marketing?
- Is PR for any size business?
- What’s the cost / benefit vs. say advertising?
- What’s the real the value of PR?
- What are examples of effective PR?
- What does PR cost?
- How long does it take PR to be effective?
- How has PR evolved in the era of social?
- What’s the ideal outcome of PR?
- What are the criteria for PR success?